England & Wales CPD
Wiseradviser can help you to keep up-to-date, broaden your knowledge and progress in your career.
In addition to our core training programme, we provide a range of training and resources for continued professional development (CPD) - Wiseradviser Extra.
- Quick courses covering hot topics such as the welfare reforms
- Case study exercises to explore how to apply what you learn on courses
- Perspectives – a podcast series of interviews with experts from related industries
Regular new additions give new and experienced advisers a valuable way to enhance their knowledge. Log in to browse Wiseradviser Extra.
Conferences hosted by Citizens Advice, AdviceUK, and the Institute of Money Advisers (IMA) provide opportunities to discuss developments in the sector, network, and catch up with old friends.
They also bring together people from outside the free-to-client advice sector such as representatives from government bodies and commercial organisations, helping to build connections and work together. Visit these organisations’ websites to find out when the next conference is happening and what is on the agenda.
There are many groups of money advisers meeting across the UK. They provide a local forum for information exchange between advisers and for continuing professional development.
Meetings often include:
- Speakers such as creditors, local / central government policy makers or membership organisation reps
- Training or short presentations on an aspect of money advice such as DROs or charging orders
- Social policy issues
- Updates on money advice developments such as CASHflow or the Common Financial Statement (CFS)
- Open forum for case discussion or new areas of law
A list of MAGs is attached to every Arian newsletter which can be found on the Wiseradviser website, or Institute of Money Advisers (IMA) members can find details of their local branch representatives on the IMA website.